Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let's move forward!

"I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.

Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that." -- Sen. John McCain

--
He may not have won, but I was very impressed with his concession speech. It was very eloquent and humble. I have been pretty disappointed in some of my acquaintances these past few days; disappointed in their reactions to the election, disappointed in the hateful remarks I've heard, and disappointed in their inability to act as the United citizens our forefathers dreamed we'd be. I hope and pray that the Lord will help us move on and work towards a better America. We are so lucky to live here and enjoy the freedoms we have.

1 comment: