Monday, February 23, 2009

There's No Place Like Home..

The hubby and I had the opportunity to travel to Southern California for three days last week and it was great! Now I find that I am torn ..

Calfornia was warm, sunny (for two of the days), and just refreshing. At one point in the trip, I admitted to myself that I could imagine living there. We saw many nicer cars, including a VW Phaeton (very rare!) and two Bentley's. The weather was very nice. I could definitely see myself spending at least the winter months there, away from the slick roads and blizzards. Besides the fact that we could never afford it, who wouldn't want to live in this paradise?

On the other hand, California helped me appreciate Utah that much more. For one thing, the traffic was insane. And it wasn't the drivers, just the amount of cars. There are so many people in that area, it's just congested all the time. I'm sure that if we had grown up there, we would be used to it and wouldn't even notice.. But boy, did we notice! Secondly, we were there during February, there's no telling how I would handle the sweltering months, even in a beach city. I've always loved the four seasons here in Utah, and I know now that I wouldn't trade our crisp autumn days or watching the snow fall gently on Christmas morning.

Which brings me to my next option .. We are definitely considering getting a timeshare in the future in that area. Spending a few weeks there during the year is very doable, and we wouldn't be paying too much for it either! Well, it won't be cheap, that's for sure, but it will be worth it. Now, to end on a good note..

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad that you had a lot of fun on your trip and I loved looking at your pictures! I need to go on a road trip sometime soon...mainly just to go to jack in the box. haha. But yes, I'm slowly recovering from my tragedy and I can't believe this pregnancy is almost over...but seriously, I can't wait for it to be done!

    ReplyDelete