Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mine.

sweet
thoughtful
giving
kind
mothering
loving

All words my Dad has used to describe (and praise) me. Where did that cute, innocent little girl go? When did I become so spiteful? I have my moments.. When I can be sweet and gracious. But the woman Cody fell in love with is sharing a room with this other woman. This girl who can't seem to look beyond the sweat on his face to let him hug her. The girl who will ruin a whole day of fun activities because of one stupid argument. What happened to the girl who could move on from a fight in seconds flat to resume living her life? I've wasted so much time.. So many nights have been thrown away because I wouldn't speak to him anymore.

"I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." D&C 64:10

It's not up to me to forgive him. Even if he doesn't apologize. It's not up to me!

I used to write notes to my loved ones for them to find and read later. And I've decided I'm going to do that more often. He deserves to know how much I care for him, no matter what stupid thing he said. The only way I can help us have a better relationship is to do my part and be loving. I can only worry about what I am doing right (or wrong).

I don't know why I wrote about this.. but I've been thinking a lot about how much I've changed from when I was little. As a close loved one's marriage is dissipating before my eyes, I am turning inward to make sure it doesn't happen to mine. It's up to us, and it's up to me to take care of my relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment