Friday, October 16, 2009

Alma 24

I've started to notice a pattern with my optomism level and attitude as of late and it's really starting to get to me.

Back when I was sent to do customer service, it was devistating to me because I. hate. customer. service. I hate calling customer service, and I especially hate performing it as an occupation. But you know what? I was so lucky that I hadn't been laid-off like so many of my coworkers on that day. When I was fired three months later, you can imagine my fear considering I had been looking for new employement during that whole time and had found nothing satisfactory.

I've never prayed so much in my life as I have during these last four months. I didn't receive the answers I wanted, but I received comfort to help me through this difficult time. I never really appreciated the comfort when I went into one my many moods during this time.

I've since started a new job, doing the same thing, but with a much smaller stress-level, thanksfully. But I still feel stuck in the awful customer service industry and with the economy the way it is, I have very little hope of moving onto a better job in the near future. I am very blessed that I was only unemployed for a mere two days. I ran into so many people who have been out of work for so long.. It's heartbreaking, really.

Once again, I have not received the answers I've begged so earnestly for. But I have received comfort. In more ways than I can count. The "natural man" in me is resisting and just wants to wallow in self-pity and I'm sick of it! I was reading Alma chapter 24 last night before going to bed, and I found myself just bawling. If you haven't read that chapter, I strongly recommend you go sit by yourself, free of distractions, and ponder the words in that chapter. If you're not familiar with the story, it's about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi people and their covenant to never shed the blood of their brethren again. I was just amazed to read about a whole community of people dying for the promise they had made to God. And most of all, I feel so ashamed that I have been such a snob about my life lately.

My situation sucks, for sure. But my life is so blessed. I have so much to be grateful for and I can't believe I've been so blind. ENOUGH! I can't guarantee that I will be awesome from now on, but I will do my darndest to live up to the daughter of God that I am!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Fe, you are such an inspiration to me:-) I think I am going to go and read that chapter now! I remember when I got laid off I wallowed in self-pity, applied for jobs at the same time, but felt devastated. I think comfort is the best thing anyone could have in their life when they are going through tough times. I wish I could get all the answers I want, but I know things don't work like that. Although I wish! Everything will get better in due time and that's what I keep telling myself because I tend to stress out a little too much. You're such a wonderful person and thank you for posting this entry. It is something I needed to hear today:-) Love ya! Oh and I read your status on facebook and congrats on getting to your college weight, you are so great!

    ReplyDelete