Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fuming.

Cody went up to SLC with his friends for a guys day out today and had to take the passat because it fits more. Then he failed to notice (once he was all the way up there) that he had the TDI key with him. I should be grateful that he called to let me know. But what am I supposed to do now? Sorry doesn't help me one bit, seeing as how I was going to finish OUR freaking Christmas shopping today. He said I could just go shopping with mom, but why should she have to fix everything?


I'm fuming right now.. It actually isn't that big of a deal, but does he have any idea what it would be like if the tables were turned?!?! How furious he would be if I had done the same thing?! That's why I'm so upset right now. I'm upset because I can't get mad at him the way he would get mad at me if I had done this! I just can't get around wanting to make sure that his glorious Saturday isn't ruined because I deserve to get after him about this. He complained that I didn't have anything really planned today and then this happened.



I'll get over this before he gets home tonight. Don't worry, he's going to see Tron and play around all Saturday while I talk myself out of sending him an angry text.



At least some cleaning and laundry will get done.



**EDIT**



Cody will not be happy about it, but I ended up walking all over town doing my shopping. I was originally planning on heading up north to Walmart to do most of it, but it wasn't too bad! I even stopped at the library to warm up and read my book (I've moved onto Eclipse!) for a bit. Now, I'm going to take a nap and try to finish the laundry. My feet hurt, but I'm ok.

4 comments:

  1. It's an honest mistake, but you're right, it is NOT fair that he would get mad at you under the same circumstances. It's so hard to be the bigger person sometimes, isn't it?

    Hope your day ends up good and you get your shopping done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for feeling that way, because I would too. Well, I hope you get your shopping done as well and you feel a little better. Maybe asking your mom is an okay thing, because she can take you out of the house and you can treat yourself to some instant gratification:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, D. The day definitely got better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things got a little better, but I am also glad that you had an outlet for your frustration.Love you darling.

    ReplyDelete