Thursday, September 15, 2011

just another Thursday, I suppose..

Let me just start by saying that I am so grateful that we are not as broke as Cody makes it seem on a regular basis. I could take initiative and look at our bank account sometimes, but still. He makes it seem like if I buy too many groceries that we'll be out on the street.

He bought a nook today. That's right.. We have a library FULL of books yet to be read, and he bought a nook because apparently you can use it as a tablet with a few tweaks. If he decides he likes it, he's going to buy me one. But if he doesn't like it, he'll give it to me to use for ebooks. Gee-wiz!

I realize that he has figured out that I will most likely agree to whatever he decides we should buy. And it's true! If he had called and talked to me about it, I may have rolled my eyes. But I wouldn't have told him no. As long as it's within our limits, I don't see the point in just putting my foot down every time he wants something. It just would've been nice to have been asked. Ya know? I feel obligated to tell him about anything I want to buy aside from groceries and I am rarely granted the same courtesy. And I do get quite a bit of eye-rolling and "really?"-'s when I do decide to get something for myself.

------------------

On a happier note, my boss at NuSkin has let me know that from November through February (whenever my co-worker has her little bundle of joy and goes on maternity-leave), I will be able to be on full-time with them. Great news! I just need to find another part time gig for the mornings in the event that AMP lets me go before November (inevitable, really). But even then, Cody says we could probably makes ends meet for a month or two if we need to. I'm excited to have a full-time schedule for the holidays at least.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Fe, my relationship sounds the same! I just let my husband buy an ipad because he said he could use it to organize his school life, and I have been wanting a kindle since forever! It is also WAY cheaper than an ipad. So I let him get it. And then I usually buy something for myself like an energy drink or sushi, or mainly food items. If I wanted to buy something electronic or clothes-wise or a bag, he would have a fit and roll his eyes. And I usually don't throw anything in his face about what I let him buy, which are usually MAJOR purposes. But I've started doing it for fun. Just because it irritates me. I still love him though, I just need to put him in his place sometimes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D! We do have similar husbands. Oh, boys..

    ReplyDelete