Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bye Bye Summer...

Enter, the Summer of hell.. It began with being laid-off from one my favorite jobs ever in April. I was lucky enough {and I really mean lucky} to find two decent part-time jobs. One with Nu Skin, which has been very very awesome. The second is with AMP Security, doing data entry. The job itself isn't bad at all, I actually enjoy it and it's pretty easy. The downside of this job was that I had to work 5:30-9:30 or 10pm most nights, and I couldn't have Saturdays off. Again, I realize that I am lucky to have found any jobs at all after being laid-off.

I also got called to be a Beehive Advisor in my ward. This calling has been amazing so far and I love the girls and the other leaders I work with. Girls Camp was at the end of June, so I headed up there for a night to help out. That's when I killed my car. I broke the oil pan while I was up the canyon, which then leaked all the way home and the engine was destroyed by the time I made it back to my house. Oil all over the driveway. I called my mom freaking out, and she came to assess the situation. She was a little too optimistic about the situation and said it would be ok. She helped me clean up the driveway and now you can't even tell it had oil all over it at one point. The situation was not ok, as it turned out. The insurance offered to help, but they wanted to total the car. So, even though it's fixed, it is no longer worth anything with it's lovely salvaged title. The money we spent on saving the car was meant for lanscaping the backyard, so we will have to put that off for another year and a half, probably.

Besides just being a rough Summer in general, I feel that our marriage has been tried over and over as well. My weird work schedule started out being ok. I didn't like having to work that late, but it didn't seem to bother Cody too much. Now, he is reaching his breaking point and he just wants me home. I completely understand where he is coming from. First, we just don't have much time to spend together anymore. And then comes the wifely duties.. I'm not home to cook at all and the housework has all but stopped completely since I started these jobs. But I really shouldn't even blame it on work. Truthfully, I have until 12:30pm every day that I could devote to cleaning, but most days I sleep in until around 8am, then proceed to either work out or watch Netflix/Hulu. I do the basics and when something gets really bad, I take care of it.

Besides cooler weather, Halloween, and the coming of the Holiday season, I just want this Summer to end. I want this chapter in my life to be over. Unfortunately, I'm thinking that I was given these trials to learn a lesson and that I may have failed. In other words, this is probably far from over. But at least I'm working on it! Such is life, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, I love you. It will get better... I think... I feel really similar about my life right now, but I think it is like the whole year, not just the summer. I am looking forward to 2012. Lets hope its better. For both our sakes. I lvoe your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your guts! Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with this crappy summer.. It will get better! :)

    ReplyDelete