Saturday, November 13, 2010

I was blunt.

I was almost done with a stupid post and realized how naive I sounded. Point is, I wrote that letter and gave it to Cody. I was a bit snotty in the letter because I thought I needed to be. But I think I could've gone about it in a better way. As a result, Cody was a little down about the whole thing. I wanted him to realize that I was upset by the way he's been treating me, but the last thing I want is to make him feel like a bad person.. Because he's not!


As a result, he wrote me back through email so I could see it at work (he was off on Monday) giving his input on several of the points I made. It went really well, even though he was still upset when I got home. Upset enough that he registered for classes to start in January so he can finish his degree and we can pull ourselves out of the debt we're in (after he graduates and finds a better paying job, of course). He acknowledges my desire to be a house-wife and understands that he needs to do what needs to be done to get me there. He also wants to be nicer and more respectful to me. It won't be overnight, but that's the first time I've really gotten him to acknowledge my feelings on the matter.



This week went pretty well. He's been especially sweet to me and even made me breakfast this morning. He wasn't sweet the whole time, but I'm doing better with telling him when he's being an ass. Cody is a really good man and I'm realizing that more and more everyday that I observe him. I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment