Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So it begins..






It's official. I've started reading Twilight.. Not quite sure how I feel about it just six chapters in. On the one hand, I see why so many of my friends hate these books and only made it halfway through. On the other hand, I see why so many of my friends LOVE these books. The story is interesting (even after I've seen the movies, *poser*) and I am definitely intrigued. I do, however, strongly disagree with anyone comparing Stephenie (who spells their name that way?!) Meyer and J.K. Rowling. No comparison. The End. So, that's what I'm reading tonight. It's Cody's birthday and we are celebrating by going up to see our favorite morning radio show (Radio From Hell on X96) tomorrow morning and then having a yummy lunch in the SLC. I made him a cake and a card, both of which I am very proud of, and now I will settle down for some reading and cocoa-sipping.


Tchussy!

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you never read the series! I loved it, but I did not like the last book because it seemed rushed. I hope you enjoy it though and I hope you have a great time with Cody tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the series, all but the last book like 4 years ago. I actually LOVE the movies and I don't even care who knows it! I asked my mama for them for Christmas, I'm a nerd.

    Just embrace the girlyness in you and enjoy the hell out of those books, felicia! haha. :)

    And happy birthday cody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed the movies quite a bit. The first one made me laugh a lot more than the other two, but I still liked it. I'm doing my best to just enjoy the book for now. Like I said, I'm interested enough to keep reading, so I might as well! Thanks, D and Cody says thanks, Bonnie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not gonna lie... I hate the Twilight franchise. The books AND the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Brittany.. Trust me, I do not blame you at all. I love that I'm able to see both sides of the argument, but at this point (almost done with book 1) I am definitely more on your side. Since they're such a quick read for me, I will shuffle through :P

    ReplyDelete