Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 4

A habit you wish you didn't have..

I guess this might be hard to explain, but I'm going to try.. One of the habits I wish I didn't have is running through conversations in my head. I find that this habit distracts me quite a bit, and it also does the opposite of what I wish it would do. I think I got into doing this because I wanted to be prepared with what to say to certain people depending on what they said or asked me. Make sense? For example, if Cody gets annoyed about something I've done, instead of trying to move on from whatever it was, I will sit and stew, thinking about what I could say next that would either teach him a lesson or incite an apology. This is only one example, and I know it's a little confusing. But I just feel like all it's ever done has made me come across slow or indifferent. I think it's important to think about what you say before you say it, but not to the extent that I do. I need to stop worrying so much about what I should say and just communicate with people. Especially Cody.

No comments:

Post a Comment