Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 7

How you hope your future will be..

Future has been something Cody and I have been thinking about quite a bit lately. We've been married for 5 years and besides buying two house, we don't really feel like we've accomplished much. We understand that buying a home is a great step for a married couple, but considering some of our high school friends are working on their 2nd or 3rd kids, we still feel a little behind. We've been making more and more money each year, but it seems like we've just adjusted our lifestyles to use up the extra cash. We have a nice big house (a little too big if you ask me), so it's natural that we should be focusing on having kids now, right?

We are. The last few months have been filled with conversations on what we need to do to get me in a part-time job and still be able to pay our bills. I'm currently working two part-time jobs, but we're not stable enough for me to just take one at the pay we're making. We're working towards cutting our monthly costs (car payments, other debt, etc.) and then that should make it possible for me to just have one part-time job. I think when we were first married, Cody was ok with the idea that I would have to work when we have kids. But now our goal is to have me stay home as much as possible. That's always been my goal, but Cody definitely sees the value in it now that we've grown up a little more.

THE POINT! What I hope for the future is this:
Having a few kids (2-4)
Keeping the house clean
Doing the laundry
Having a good dinner as a family every night
Going to church as a family each Sunday
Family prayer each night
Visiting Grandmas and Grandpas every weekend for a few hours
A chocolate or yellow lab to grow up with the kids
I want to be the kind of wife and mother that will help my husband be happy and not stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment