Friday, June 10, 2011

grateful?

Even though I am pretty ok with where I am at right now, I'm still bitter about losing my job with American Crafts. And don't think for a second that I am bitter towards the company or my managers I had there. I just really wish I wouldn't have lost that job. It was such an amazing opportunity and I enjoyed my time there so much. The pay was great, my coworkers were so much fun, and the work was perfect for me. I never felt overworked (it took a week or two to get used to the workload), and I always felt appreciated. I guess I just wish that I had been given an idea if they would ever hire me back. I don't want to be the annoying former employee, but they never responded to an email I sent the same day they laid me off. All I said in the email was that I was grateful for the chance to work for them and that I appreciated the severance pay they were able to give me. As a side note, I asked if there might ever be a chance that I could reapply for the job. Isn't it fair to ask for my job back when the company is doing better financially? I think so. But I never got a response. That makes me wonder if they really did like me as an employee. I wasn't the only one laid-off, so I took comfort in knowing that I hadn't been "fired". But what if I was fired, but they hid it by calling it a "lay-off"?

When it comes down to it, that was probably the best job I've ever had and I'm just sad it didn't last longer and that I wasn't able get some kind of closure. Since Nu Skin's distribution center is across the street from AC's old warehouse, I find my thoughts turning to them more often than I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment