Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 13

A letter to someone who has hurt you recently...

Dear Cody,

I love you, I am in love with you, you make me so happy, and I can't imagine life without you. Most days, I know you feel the same way. But then sometimes you get so upset with me and you say such hurtful things to me. We've been married now for over five years; I feel like much of that was happiness, don't you? We've accomplished so much and we've grown up lots together! I'm nowhere near perfect, but I've matured a great deal since we were first married. Unless you are truly thinking about leaving the next time you get mad, I would really appreciate you not threatening to that effect. It only makes things worse, and you know it. But if you are unhappy with us, with this marriage, by all means, just do it. You've already expressed that you think therapy would be a waste of time and money, but you've never said we didn't need it. Next time things reach "a breaking point", I will insist you either leave me or make a real effort to find an alternative to therapy for us to fix things. I am happy with you, I'm happy with our marriage, I'm happy with the way you are providing for us. Maybe I'm just too easy-going, but I would think me being happy would count for something. I love you and that's the end of it.

Love, Fe

No comments:

Post a Comment