Tuesday, July 26, 2011

looking..

Alright, I didn't think it would come this quickly, but my seasonal job has started firing people I thought were super good employees.. So, I'm thinking my time is coming a lot sooner than I originally anticipated.

I know I should've been looking for jobs all during these last few months, but I guess I was hoping I would have something figured out with Nu Skin so that I wouldn't have to find another part time job. My co-worker is expecting her first baby in November {yay!}, so I guess I'm hoping that when it comes time for her to go on maternity-leave that I'll be able to take over the full-time shift. I really really like my job here and I would love to stay if I can. I was worried that with a pay cut that Cody and I would be struggling, but with some cut-backs, we've actually been able to save quite a bit. Now that I'm confident that I don't have to be making $10/hr to make ends meet, I would really like to stay with Nu Skin. It's just been a great company to work for and I love it.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm getting really tired of looking for jobs. There doesn't seem to be as much right now {probably due to the fact that students are still out of school and working}, so it's been a little discouraging. Especially since I want to find a job I can do during the day to help with being called to be a Beehive adviser for the ward. I want a day job so I can be available for camp {I can only go to one day of camp this year and it's a BUMMER!}, activities and such. I'm hoping since I got this calling that God will help me find a better job so I can magnify my calling {please?!}.

Needless to say, tensions are a little high at the other job because people are worried about being fired. I was hoping I'd be able to stay on after the busy season, but I'm not very confident. I really like the job, but the late schedule is starting to bother Cody {5:30-9:30pm} because when he's home, I'm at work. I don't particularly like working that late either, but I've enjoyed the work {super easy} and my co-workers are freaking hilarious. I'll be sad to leave, but it's nice to know there are fun phone jobs out there. And it will be good to get rid of that late schedule if I can.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Fe, I'm in the same position. I like my job at the high school, but it definitely does not support my family and our bills. My husband is going back to school, so he's not working, so I've been looking around and hoping to find something!

    ReplyDelete